Still daylight at 11pm at night in KBOS

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
DMBear89

Still daylight at 11pm at night in KBOS

#1 Post by DMBear89 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am

I am wanting to do a flight from Boston to Denver, the flight leaves at 00:05 at night and I usually load up the flight an hour or so before departure, however, when i select KBOS as my departure airport and I set the time to 11pm the sun is starting to setthis isn't right, it should be night time. I do all my flights via UTC time. The sun shouldn't be setting at 11pm at night, especially in Boston
Attachments
P3D 3.png
P3D 3.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 412 times
P3D 2.png
P3D 2.png (82.19 KiB) Viewed 412 times
P3D 1.png
P3D 1.png (214.84 KiB) Viewed 412 times

victor.papa

Re: Still daylight at 11pm at night in KBOS

#2 Post by victor.papa » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:54 am

DMBear89 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am
I am wanting to do a flight from Boston to Denver, the flight leaves at 00:05 at night and I usually load up the flight an hour or so before departure, however, when i select KBOS as my departure airport and I set the time to 11pm the sun is starting to setthis isn't right, it should be night time. I do all my flights via UTC time. The sun shouldn't be setting at 11pm at night, especially in Boston
Hi,
Thanks for your report.
We will check this later and let you know the result. For some reasons (internal workload and changes) we are not able to work on this during this week so please give us time and we will back to you during the next week. ;)

DMBear89

#3 Post by DMBear89 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Thank you for looking into it :)

victor.papa

#4 Post by victor.papa » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 am

DMBear89 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:22 pm
Thank you for looking into it :)
Hi,
I checked KBOS at 11:00 PM on 13 July 2020 and everything was correct (it was night without sunlight)
I think something is not right in your side.

Please check these and let me know the result:
1- Go to [Flight Simulator root address]\SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer\Scenery\ and check if there are 6 BGL files (SESTZ_01.BGL to SESTZ_06.BGL) there.
2- Right click on Scenery folder (in [Flight Simulator root address]\SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer\) and then properties, folder size must be over 15 Megabytes. If it is less than 1Mb it means you have wrong BGL files in that folder and you have to get the latest patch from Products and Services section from your control panel on our website.
3- Run your flight simulator
4- Select KBOS as your departure airport
5- Set Date to 13 July 2020 and set time to 23:00:00
6- Start your flight and check it once again

Please let me know the result.

DMBear89

#5 Post by DMBear89 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Ok, so i did all the things you asked and i will post the results below.

1) I have all 6 SESTZ_01.BGL to SESTZ_06.BGL files in my SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer\Scenery\ folder

2) I right clicked on the scenery folder and i hit properties and the file size was 21.2 KB which isn't right and that is WITH the latest patch installed.

3) I ran my P3D and I loaded up Boston and the problem still persists I have no idea what is going on. I have renamed the “timezone.bgl” to timezone.bgl.bak” as per the instructions but nothing is working.

If I may suggest something, it would make life a lot easier if we could possibly organize a team viewer session where you can take control of my desktop remotely and have a look inside my folders where the add-on is installed cause something isn't right somewhere. Also what I will do is i will uninstall the add-on for the time being till we can agree a time/date that works for both of us to use teamviewer as it will be a lot easier and quicker and start the installation process from scratch.

victor.papa

#6 Post by victor.papa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 pm

DMBear89 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Ok, so i did all the things you asked and i will post the results below.

1) I have all 6 SESTZ_01.BGL to SESTZ_06.BGL files in my SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer\Scenery\ folder

2) I right clicked on the scenery folder and i hit properties and the file size was 21.2 KB which isn't right and that is WITH the latest patch installed.

3) I ran my P3D and I loaded up Boston and the problem still persists I have no idea what is going on. I have renamed the “timezone.bgl” to timezone.bgl.bak” as per the instructions but nothing is working.

If I may suggest something, it would make life a lot easier if we could possibly organize a team viewer session where you can take control of my desktop remotely and have a look inside my folders where the add-on is installed cause something isn't right somewhere. Also what I will do is i will uninstall the add-on for the time being till we can agree a time/date that works for both of us to use teamviewer as it will be a lot easier and quicker and start the installation process from scratch.
Hi,
The fix process is really easy and you can do it yourself. Please follow these steps:
1- Go to simelite website.
2- Click on Login link at top right section.
3- Login to your account
4- Go to Control Panel (Click on your name at the main screen after login and then click on Control Panel)
5- Go to Download Patches section
6- From that table, click on P3DV5 link in front of V1.5.1 row (The most recent available patch)
7- Download zip file (Patch V1.5.1_P3DV5.zip)
8- Extract zip file
9- Copy extracted Scenery folder and overwrite Scenery folder in your [Flight Sim folder]\SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer\ folder
10- Now you can right click on Scenery folder and get properties to see if it is over 15Mb.
11- Check KBOS once again.

Please let us know the result.

DMBear89

#7 Post by DMBear89 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 pm

I don't use P3D V5 I am still ion V4.5 would this be the problem?

Edit: I tried the above with both the V5 and the "other versions" link and the same thing is still happening i'm really starting to pull my hair out over this now, very frustrating! I think a team viewer session is probably the best way to solve this issue. I have completely uninstalled the product and not planning on using it till it gets fixed. I've followed everything to a T and still the issue carries on :evil: :evil: :evil: watch this, i bet it's something really small and insignificant thats causing the problem it usually is with these things :lol: I have also "repaired" the main P3D application too and brought back the default timezone bgl file.

The V5 link the scenery did have over 15Mb in the folder but the folder for V4 only had the files in 1-2kb as you can see in the screenshot, what's going on with this? The Screenshot is when I re-downloaded the "SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
* Prepar3D V5 compatibleV1.5.1 " from the main website after logging in and clicking on Products and Services. There is something not right with it i don't think.
Attachments
BGL 1.png
BGL 1.png (48.01 KiB) Viewed 244 times

victor.papa

#8 Post by victor.papa » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:33 pm

DMBear89 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 pm
I don't use P3D V5 I am still ion V4.5 would this be the problem?

Edit: I tried the above with both the V5 and the "other versions" link and the same thing is still happening i'm really starting to pull my hair out over this now, very frustrating! I think a team viewer session is probably the best way to solve this issue. I have completely uninstalled the product and not planning on using it till it gets fixed. I've followed everything to a T and still the issue carries on :evil: :evil: :evil: watch this, i bet it's something really small and insignificant thats causing the problem it usually is with these things :lol: I have also "repaired" the main P3D application too and brought back the default timezone bgl file.

The V5 link the scenery did have over 15Mb in the folder but the folder for V4 only had the files in 1-2kb as you can see in the screenshot, what's going on with this? The Screenshot is when I re-downloaded the "SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
* Prepar3D V5 compatibleV1.5.1 " from the main website after logging in and clicking on Products and Services. There is something not right with it i don't think.
Hi,
It is better we discuss your issue through email. Believe me the whole thing is very simple and thousands of users are using this software without problem then you can do it either. ;)
We will send you an email and figure out what is the problem.