Historic Time

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
vadriver

Historic Time

#1 Post by vadriver » Fri May 29, 2020 6:28 am

Team

i'm a tad confused how to use TZF (& / or another addon) to efficiently see the correct UTC time for the date.

for example, my (downunder) PC's clock is currently UTC+10 (AEST).

however, if i load a P3D452 scenario for 6 months previously ie late november almost winter (PST) at KSFO, the same local time shows a UTC-7 , a PDT & which is what it should be for my PC's clock.

is there an auto way to correct that.

cheers & thanks for any notes. :)

victor.papa

Re: Historic Time

#2 Post by victor.papa » Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

vadriver wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:28 am
Team

i'm a tad confused how to use TZF (& / or another addon) to efficiently see the correct UTC time for the date.

for example, my (downunder) PC's clock is currently UTC+10 (AEST).

however, if i load a P3D452 scenario for 6 months previously ie late november almost winter (PST) at KSFO, the same local time shows a UTC-7 , a PDT & which is what it should be for my PC's clock.

is there an auto way to correct that.

cheers & thanks for any notes. :)
Hi,
We have two different products dealing with Time Zones:
1- Time Zone Fixer
2 - Real Time Flight Manager

Time Zone Fixer, fixes your flight simulator's Time Zone Definitions and when you use it, you have correct local time in entire your flight from departure to arrival.
Real Time Flight Manager, sets your departure time automatically based on your airplane position and date. For example if current world's UTC time is 10:00AM and you want to start your flight from Melbourne airport in Australia, it sets your local departure time to 20:00PM (UTC+10) but if you change your airplane's position to Los Angeles airport, your local time will be updated to 03:00AM (UTC-7h). It reads correct time through internet and doesn't use your PC's time. When you use Real Time Flight Manager you don't need to set departure time in your flight simulator because it will be set by Real Time Flight Manager. You only need to run Real Time Flight Manager program before or after your flight simulator is loaded and it will take care of departure time.

vadriver

#3 Post by vadriver » Sat May 30, 2020 4:21 am

thanks for your note ,,,,,, RTFM however can't be set to an alternative date as i understand.

i was hoping one could input a "bias / offset" in either program to correct local time against the UTC for the season, not current internet time.

cheers.

victor.papa

#4 Post by victor.papa » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 pm

vadriver wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:21 am
thanks for your note ,,,,,, RTFM however can't be set to an alternative date as i understand.

i was hoping one could input a "bias / offset" in either program to correct local time against the UTC for the season, not current internet time.

cheers.
Hi,
Do you mean Real Time Flight Manager has a date box and when you set the date there, it sets your flight simulator's local time based on that date?(real time of that date in specific airport?)