UTC and LT the same

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
disco79stu

UTC and LT the same

#1 Post by disco79stu » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi there,

since the latest update, when I create a scenario in P3D, the UTC and the Local Time are the same, although the location (EDDL) is +1 hour. If I check and uncheck the checkbox, nothing changes. Also, when I start the scenario, the UTC clock in my cockpit shows the same time as the local time in the time preview window.
Any advise?

BR
Stu

victor.papa

Re: UTC and LT the same

#2 Post by victor.papa » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:42 pm

disco79stu wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi there,

since the latest update, when I create a scenario in P3D, the UTC and the Local Time are the same, although the location (EDDL) is +1 hour. If I check and uncheck the checkbox, nothing changes. Also, when I start the scenario, the UTC clock in my cockpit shows the same time as the local time in the time preview window.
Any advise?

BR
Stu
Hi,
I checked EDDL with the last version and everything is fine. I recommend you to check your settings once again.
To do so please follow these steps:
1- Open How_to_Install.pdf help file from installation package
2- Go to page 14
3- follow those steps
4- At the end you can check your Time Zones to see if they are correct or not. Go to this address and follow Prepar3D steps:
https://simelite.com/timezonefaq.php#Q14

disco79stu

#3 Post by disco79stu » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 am

Thanks for the reply,

I checked everything and couldn't find a problem. I de-installed and re-installed the product, but it still shows the problem.

The strange thing is, without the TSF I get the correct behaviour (choosing EDDL, checking/unchecking the UTC-checkbox will switch between +/-1 hour. With TSF installed, it stays the same.
HOw can I make sure that I really de- installed everything that is messing with the time? Could some other program (FSUIPS etc.) interfere with the TSF?

BR
Stu

victor.papa

#4 Post by victor.papa » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:53 pm

disco79stu wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 am
Thanks for the reply,

I checked everything and couldn't find a problem. I de-installed and re-installed the product, but it still shows the problem.

The strange thing is, without the TSF I get the correct behaviour (choosing EDDL, checking/unchecking the UTC-checkbox will switch between +/-1 hour. With TSF installed, it stays the same.
HOw can I make sure that I really de- installed everything that is messing with the time? Could some other program (FSUIPS etc.) interfere with the TSF?

BR
Stu
Hi,
It is possible that another add-on trying to change Time Zone. For solving this matter, We will send you an email and check other things with you.

disco79stu

#5 Post by disco79stu » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Ok thanks.

disco79stu

#6 Post by disco79stu » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:01 pm

victor.papa wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:53 pm
Hi,
It is possible that another add-on trying to change Time Zone. For solving this matter, We will send you an email and check other things with you.
Never got that email....

victor.papa

#7 Post by victor.papa » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:05 am

disco79stu wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:01 pm
victor.papa wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:53 pm
Hi,
Never got that email....
Hi,
We sent you an email.

disco79stu

#8 Post by disco79stu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Thanks, I just replied via email.
It's still not working. UTC seems to be off by 1 hour everywhere.

disco79stu

#9 Post by disco79stu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 pm

[solved]

I found the problem!

So after it didn't work I uninstalled time zone fixer again. Then - as mentioned above - the times were correct (again). So I figured something must be maybe altering the time "twice" when TZF was installed. Then I noticed that although I had uninstalled TZF, there was still an entry in the scenery manager of P3D (yet marked as deactivated).

I seems that this was the old version of TZF that didn't uninstall correctly before and interfered with the installation of the newest version. Somehow it got partially left in there.
So I deleted the entry completely by hand, re-installed the newest version of TZF and voilá: it's working perfectly!

I don't know if I missed a step when uninstalling the old version or if it was a bug, but anyway... im happy now. :)

Thanks!!

victor.papa

#10 Post by victor.papa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:51 pm

disco79stu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 pm
[solved]

I found the problem!

So after it didn't work I uninstalled time zone fixer again. Then - as mentioned above - the times were correct (again). So I figured something must be maybe altering the time "twice" when TZF was installed. Then I noticed that although I had uninstalled TZF, there was still an entry in the scenery manager of P3D (yet marked as deactivated).

I seems that this was the old version of TZF that didn't uninstall correctly before and interfered with the installation of the newest version. Somehow it got partially left in there.
So I deleted the entry completely by hand, re-installed the newest version of TZF and voilá: it's working perfectly!

I don't know if I missed a step when uninstalling the old version or if it was a bug, but anyway... im happy now. :)

Thanks!!
Perfect!
Thanks for letting us know.