memory leak since latest update?

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
Aviator_79

memory leak since latest update?

#1 Post by Aviator_79 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm

hello sir
are u aware of some kind of memory leak because since the latest beta update with time zone fixer active in the scenery library, i start p3dv4 and my physical memory reaches 99% and i have 32gb of ram installed?
when i deselect time zone fixer in scenery library everything is normal and usual 30% of ram is used.
never experienced this, could u give a headup on this sir.
thank u very much,
sincerely jürgen

victor.papa

Re: memory leak since latest update?

#2 Post by victor.papa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Aviator_79 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm
hello sir
are u aware of some kind of memory leak because since the latest beta update with time zone fixer active in the scenery library, i start p3dv4 and my physical memory reaches 99% and i have 32gb of ram installed?
when i deselect time zone fixer in scenery library everything is normal and usual 30% of ram is used.
never experienced this, could u give a headup on this sir.
thank u very much,
sincerely jürgen
Dear jürgen,
Thanks for your report.
I am 100 percent sure that the problem you described is not caused by our Time Zone Fixer because as you know Time Zone definitions are very simple and there isn't any graphical or complex calculation in them. Time Zone Fixer contains simple BGL files which are part of flight simulator so there can't be any memory leak or something like that. Time Zone Fixer is already tested for thousands of hours by thousands of users and we didn't get any report regarding this. It is possible one of your other addons deals with complex Scenery or something like that cause such a problem. I suggest you to test Time Zone Fixer on a fresh installed flight simulator and you can see it can't do such things. ;)
Please send an email to our support team support@simelite.com and they will check that problem with you.

Aviator_79

#3 Post by Aviator_79 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:52 pm

Hello thank u for the reply , i found the culprit one of my hdd's was broken so that leaked the ram, so it was not the time zone fixer files.
Thank u and very nice weekend, greetings.

victor.papa

#4 Post by victor.papa » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Aviator_79 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:52 pm
Hello thank u for the reply , i found the culprit one of my hdd's was broken so that leaked the ram, so it was not the time zone fixer files.
Thank u and very nice weekend, greetings.
Hi,
Thanks for letting us know. ;)