Time Zone Checking Tool - awesome!

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Checking Tool.
pracines
Second Officer
Second Officer

Time Zone Checking Tool - awesome!

#1 Post by pracines » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 am

Hi Vahid,

Just wanted to say what an excellent idea the TZCT is. I sent a few that I found needed fixing, from some remote places in Asia and Pacific Islands.

Thank you so much, and I hope all is well with you!

Paul

victor.papa

Re: Time Zone Checking Tool - awesome!

#2 Post by victor.papa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 pm

pracines wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 am
Hi Vahid,

Just wanted to say what an excellent idea the TZCT is. I sent a few that I found needed fixing, from some remote places in Asia and Pacific Islands.

Thank you so much, and I hope all is well with you!

Paul
Hi Paul,
You're welcome my friend. We hope with this tool and help of our good friends like you, we can have a 100% correct Time Zones very soon. ;)

dermobb

#3 Post by dermobb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 am

Hi,

yes it's looking really good, just as all the other tools you are doing.
I was just testing this (on my mobile browser) and instantly I was missing the display of the actual TIME of the location. Only time zone info was shown. This makes calculations necessary to compare the results to real world times for example from websites.
If I think about it, wouldn't it be possible to AUTOMATICALLY check your time zones with online sources? Just a thought.

Cheers
Nils

victor.papa

#4 Post by victor.papa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:13 pm

dermobb wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 am
Hi,

yes it's looking really good, just as all the other tools you are doing.
I was just testing this (on my mobile browser) and instantly I was missing the display of the actual TIME of the location. Only time zone info was shown. This makes calculations necessary to compare the results to real world times for example from websites.
If I think about it, wouldn't it be possible to AUTOMATICALLY check your time zones with online sources? Just a thought.

Cheers
Nils
Hi Nils,
Do you mean when you click on airport's icon and open Time Zone detail page, you can see airport's current local time too?

dermobb

#5 Post by dermobb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Screenshot_2019-04-27-20-42-16.png
Screenshot_2019-04-27-20-42-16.png (338.07 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
I don't see the actual time like "it's 20:42 at LEIB". The way it is now I need to know UTC and calculate. But UTC is also not shown. It's definitely a minor thing but I guess it's also easy to add.

dermobb

#6 Post by dermobb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 pm

I just checked on my desktop pc and the info is exactly the same as in the mobile browser. So I think, it would be a nice addition.

victor.papa

#7 Post by victor.papa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 pm

dermobb wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 pm
I just checked on my desktop pc and the info is exactly the same as in the mobile browser. So I think, it would be a nice addition.
Yes. It is already exactly like what your image shows. At the moment there isn't any UTC or Local time in that page because it is only showing you Time Zones (Offset from UTC) but your suggestion is not bad at all. You like to see current UTC and Local time in any airports around the world when you click on airport icon.

dermobb

#8 Post by dermobb » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 pm

victor.papa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 pm
You like to see current UTC and Local time in any airports around the world when you click on airport icon.
Well, if you could add the current local time to this yellow box, that opens if I click on an airport icon, that would be enough in my opinion. Maybe UTC could be shown somewhere else on the header or footer of the main screen, if you find the space. It is a global feature, after all.

For a layman like me, it would simplify the process of checking if the local time at a certain airport will be correct in my next sim session. And that is the main purpose of the tool, no?
I could compare the current local time in time zone checker against the time of (for example) timeanddate.com, which I think we can safely trust. Very easy to validate your database without calculating anything or starting the sim.

victor.papa

#9 Post by victor.papa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 am

dermobb wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 pm
victor.papa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 pm
You like to see current UTC and Local time in any airports around the world when you click on airport icon.
Well, if you could add the current local time to this yellow box, that opens if I click on an airport icon, that would be enough in my opinion. Maybe UTC could be shown somewhere else on the header or footer of the main screen, if you find the space. It is a global feature, after all.

For a layman like me, it would simplify the process of checking if the local time at a certain airport will be correct in my next sim session. And that is the main purpose of the tool, no?
I could compare the current local time in time zone checker against the time of (for example) timeanddate.com, which I think we can safely trust. Very easy to validate your database without calculating anything or starting the sim.
Hi,
We added Local Time and UTC Time to Time Zone Checking Tool. It is available for any airports around the world.

dermobb

#10 Post by dermobb » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Fantastic! Thanks.