Please Clarify

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
surfcandy

Please Clarify

#1 Post by surfcandy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 am

I am getting around to understand what is going on with the program but need some things clarified.

In this pic under the section "TIME AND SEASON" that time will be my local time or whatever time I change it to historically etc. always and never correspond to the particular airport listed above it in "Change Airport" unless the airport is in my time zone. In other words different airports selected on this screen wont have the correct time displayed there for that airports corresponding timezone?

The correct time regardless of where I am in the world will be displayed on a clock in an aircraft like this. So the purpose of this program is to make sure time is in sync only in my aircraft anywhere and everywhere in the world.

victor.papa

Re: Please Clarify

#2 Post by victor.papa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:25 am

surfcandy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 am
I am getting around to understand what is going on with the program but need some things clarified.

In this pic under the section "TIME AND SEASON" that time will be my local time or whatever time I change it to historically etc. always and never correspond to the particular airport listed above it in "Change Airport" unless the airport is in my time zone. In other words different airports selected on this screen wont have the correct time displayed there for that airports corresponding timezone?

The correct time regardless of where I am in the world will be displayed on a clock in an aircraft like this. So the purpose of this program is to make sure time is in sync only in my aircraft anywhere and everywhere in the world.

Hi,
When you start your Prepar3D and you go to Scenario page , you should select your Airplane in VEHICLE section, your departure airport in LOCATION section and Local departure time in "TIME AND SEASON" section. Time Zone Fixer doesn't have anything to do with your setting by now. After you click on "OK" button and start your flight in your departure airport, from this point and during your flight until you arrive to your destination airport and exit your flight, Time Zone Fixer provide correct local time in your flight simulator and it can be displayed on airplane gauges and other addons showing or using time and also your daylight and sun position will be correct in your flight because you have correct local time.
As you know UTC(GMT) time will be the same regardless of where you are in the world for example if UTC time is 2:00PM now then UTC is 2:00PM in London, in Beijing or in Los Angeles... but Local time is UTC+/-offset(Time Zone) and it is different from place to place. In our example if UTC is 2:00PM then local time in London is UTC+1h = 3:00PM, Local time in Beijing is UTC+8h00 = 10:00PM and local time in Los Angeles is UTC-7h = 7:00AM
Using correct Time Zones in your flight let you experience your flights like real world and when you depart from an airport and land in another airport in another country then you can expect to have correct landing time based on your departure airport, departure time and flight duration and your landing airport.