FSREALTIME SETTINGS

Everything related to SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer
HardiQ

FSREALTIME SETTINGS

#1 Post by HardiQ » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 pm

I just bought this amazing piece of software a few weeks ago! SATISFIED!

Would like to know that what settings should I use for the best experience in FSrealtime? there are loads of settings I don't really know what to do with am currently using FlyChrono, but also own FSreal time
If you could please let me know!

Cheers! :D

victor.papa

Re: FSREALTIME SETTINGS

#2 Post by victor.papa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 pm

HardiQ wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 pm
I just bought this amazing piece of software a few weeks ago! SATISFIED!

Would like to know that what settings should I use for the best experience in FSrealtime? there are loads of settings I don't really know what to do with am currently using FlyChrono, but also own FSreal time
If you could please let me know!

Cheers! :D
Hi,
When you install SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer, it fixes your simulator's Time Zone definitions and it means you will have correct local time and also daylight (Sun position) in all around the world in your simulator. It can be used stand alone or together with FSRealTime and FSRealTime uses SimElite Solutions correct Time Zone definitions.
It is not needed to do any special setting in FSRealTime and if you have it and use it from the past, you can still use it just like before with the same setting but it is very important to disable FSRealTime entry in your Scenery Library (If there is any entry there)

As you know FSRealTime is made to fix UTC movement problem in FSX and that issue is solved by Lockheed Martin in Prepar3D V4 . A good capability of FSRealTime even in Prepar3D V4 is to show you change of Time Zones inside your flight (in flight message) and you can see where and when you enter a new Time Zone.

In conclusion if you are using your FSRealTime from the past and it is a part of your simulator experience, you still can use it just like before with the same setting.

HardiQ

#3 Post by HardiQ » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:19 am

Amazing thank you!

surfcandy

#4 Post by surfcandy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm

disable FSRealTime entry in your Scenery Library
I need some clarification to this. I noticed in the scenery library for both FSX-SE and PD3v4 the only entry I see by FSRealTime is "World Timezones". Is this the entry you are saying to disable? I don't see any other FSRealTime entry and "World Timezones" is above SimEliteSolutions entry in the scenery list. I don't know if it's necessary to alter anything or if does make a difference.

victor.papa

#5 Post by victor.papa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 am

surfcandy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm
disable FSRealTime entry in your Scenery Library
I need some clarification to this. I noticed in the scenery library for both FSX-SE and PD3v4 the only entry I see by FSRealTime is "World Timezones". Is this the entry you are saying to disable? I don't see any other FSRealTime entry and "World Timezones" is above SimEliteSolutions entry in the scenery list. I don't know if it's necessary to alter anything or if does make a difference.
Hi,
If you have "World Timezones" entry in your Scenery library then disable it and there won't be anything else to do. Just keep your SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer entry at the most top available position and it will work correctly.

surfcandy

#6 Post by surfcandy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:35 pm

I certainly hear what you are saying. My question is I should still do this even if everything between the two programs seems to be working just fine? I have not encountered any issues. What is going on in the background between the two programs concerning how they are handling time zone is another question. Thanks

victor.papa

#7 Post by victor.papa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:05 pm

surfcandy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:35 pm
I certainly hear what you are saying. My question is I should still do this even if everything between the two programs seems to be working just fine? I have not encountered any issues. What is going on in the background between the two programs concerning how they are handling time zone is another question. Thanks
Hi,
FSRealTime was made to correct UTC movement problem in FSX and later they added a library of fixed Time Zones in to their program (which is not current and it is a partial fix)
SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer was released in 2017 and it contains current and final Time Zone definitions and it should be the only source of Time Zones in your flight simulator because if you use different Scenery Library entries (One from SimELite Solutions and another from FSRealTime) it is possible those definitions interfere with each other and you experience Time Zone problems in some places.

Lockheed Martin announced they fixed UTC movement problem in Prepar3D V4 but you can still use FSRealTime's other features (Like showing Time Zone change as a message in your flights) and it works fine with our Time Zone Fixer but you shouldn't use their Scenery Library entry.